1. Great WeatherOrlando’s average temperature in February is 74 degrees Fahrenheit (23 C) with clear skies. This mild weather provides the perfect respite from winter chills while also staying warm enough for visits to waterparks and beaches along Florida’s coast.
2. Holiday Rush is OverIf battling traffic and long lines at the theme parks isn’t your thing, then February is the best time to visit Orlando. The holiday season and southern hemisphere summer vacation rush are over, which means shorter wait times for restaurants, rides, and other attractions.
3. Extend Vacation with Presidents’ DayMany schools and businesses close for Presidents’ Day, making it easy to extend your vacation in Florida. Enjoy extra time at the theme parks or plan a day trip to the Space Coast or other nearby Central Florida cities. As an added bonus, many places offer holiday discounts and other promotions.
4. Art and Music FestivalsFebruary brings many fun festivals to Orlando. At Universal Orlando Resort, catch the annual Mardi Gras festival complete with its own concert series. You’ll also enjoy the Epcot International Festival of the Arts that features exhibits with collections from Disney artists, workshops, and specialty dining options.
5. Romantic ActivitiesFebruary is Creative Romance Month and Orlando has plenty of options for romantic activities. From theme parks to lounges and bars, there’s lots of ways to plan the perfect creative date. Take advantage of the great weather and enjoy a hot air balloon ride or an outdoor movie at the Leu Gardens.
6. Beat Spring Break CrowdsDuring March and April, Orlando is busy with Spring Break traffic. Visit now during February and avoid the chaos. If your spring break comes early, don’t hesitate to visit during February to avoid the throngs of spring breakers later on in the season.
7. See the ManateesEvery year Florida’s manatees migrate to warmer waters during the winter season. From November to April you can find them congregating in the state’s natural springs. A February visit provides the ideal opportunity to get an up-close look at these endangered gentle giants. Check out our previous blog for some of the best places to spot manatees in Florida.
Midpointe Hotel puts you within minutes of top Orlando attractions as well as the Orange County Convention Center. Whether you’re here for business or leisure, you’ll enjoy our prime location on International Drive. Book your February Orlando vacation with us by calling 407- 352-1507.